Any reliable online accounting software keeps users’ financial data organized and secure. It manages sales operations, creates invoices, tracks inventories and keeps updated bank statements. The business-owners may use these applications to manage their financial data in an online setup. The online accounting programs offer various beneficial features to the users. The features of Tally and Marg ERP have been found suitable for small-to-medium sized businesses amongst other online applications. These online accounting programs help businesses fulfil their visions through reliable service providers such as https://www.techpillar.com/.
Reviewed Features of Tally
- This online accounting system is the favorite of 65%-70% small or medium sized business organizations. Its efficient and reliable performance is responsible for its popularity. This software can run on low or high configuration systems with equal efficiency.
- The simplicity is another reason behind the popularity of Tally ERP. Any individual with proficient knowledge in accounting can manage Tally due to its simplistic features. Its updated versions still integrate some useful features of previous versions and users appreciate this unique quality.
- The upgraded version has transformed Tally from being a desktop application to a multi-user program. It supports high-power databases and is used on multi-user platforms.
- The drill-down display of Tally’s modules and forms allows users to track the links present between separate modules. It is easy to track the flow of data due to this feature. Its accounting module contains information on accounts payable, bank operations, accounts receivable and ledger.
- This software allows financial transactions across numerous geographical areas. The users may view every aspect of business operations through Tally’s MIS and dynamic reports.
- Tally’s data synchronization features let users maintain and receive transaction reports as per their necessities.
- This software can open one ledger at a time. It is time-consuming for the users to view the entire ledger section.
- Some users find the Graphical User Interface to be impractical and unattractive in present date.
- The users need additional servers and LAN support to run Tally in the branch organizations.
- The real-time data syncing feature is unavailable with Tally and manual syncing is necessary.
Reviewed Features of Marg
- Marg Accounting Software provides excellent inventory management support to small/medium sized businesses.
- Its user-friendly features are especially suitable for pharmaceutical, trading and retail industries.
- The users use Marg to create personalized bills, invoices, purchase orders and sales receipts. It allows users to efficiently manage any information related to purchase or sales returns.
- Marg software let users handle numerous bills on single computer and improve customers’ experiences.
- Its self-filtration feature automatically sends e-mails to customers or suppliers regarding due payments or invoices.
- This software has multiple comprehensive features for financial accounting and it can automatically generate reports such as MIS, purchase analysis, stock analysis and sales summary.
- Its SMS integration add-on let users send automated SMS to customers regarding post-dated cheques, receipts and bank deposits.
- Marg software is also customizable according to the commercial needs of every customer.
- This software does not include project management facilities and features for team collaboration.
- The absence of payroll management system and e-commerce integration features is another drawback for Marg.